Friday, 28 December 2012

French-themed Village in Malaysia : Colmar Tropicale

After visiting there for the fifth time, I still getting surprises from the village, it's a magical place that really gives a blast.


Opened in year 2000, Colmar Tropicale was modeled after 16th century Colmar town, north east of Alsace, France, also incorporating architectural designs and elements from ancient surrounding villages of Riquewihr, Turckheim and Kaysersberg. The realization of this French themed village derived from the wish list of the Malaysia's fourth Prime Minister, Tun Dr. Mahathir bin Mohamad, who upon his visit to the region of Alsace were so impressed, that it inspired Tan Sri Vincent Tan, the founder of Berjaya Corporation Berhad to replicate the actual Colmar town in Malaysia.

After years of standing tall on the hills of Bukit Tinggi region, Colmar Tropicale has turned into an outstanding travel spot in Malaysia and the world. The French themed resort comprised of 235 rooms and suites, offers 8 food & beverage outlets / lounges with food variety ranging from local & international cuisine to an authentic French fine dining restaurant. It also offers meeting rooms and banqueting facilities that fit for all kinds of event that hosting on the hill.

 Front view of the resort.

Inner view of the resort.

For a resort that built on hills, the refreshing weather has became the very first impression for the visitors. What goes for the second is the stunning colours of the buildings and the beauty of nature surround it.

Purple-stained morning glory welcome the tourist at the very first sight.

The whole Berjaya Hill is a relaxing place that gives a break for everyone. Extraordinary buildings that looks different in the city, bring the tourists into a different level of sensation. 

 White swan that welcome you under the bridge on the way to the resort.

Black swan that looks like forever-hungry under the bridge on the way to the resort.

Two pair of black and white swans are kept in the pool that stick to the resort body, tourists are allowed to feed them with bread and take photos with them. I do give a try, but it's a cam-whore-fail. Hahahaha.

La Boulangerie, French-styled bakery.

A very good place for you to sit down and enjoy your books will the the bakery that just located under the resorts room, La Boulangerie. It serves several types of coffee, tea, bread, muffins and cakes. For me, a cup of Café au lait and a book can fill up an afternoon.But what I felt disappointed is the cheese cake didn't hit me.

If you're not a reader, take a visit to the Japanese Village which just located at the other end of the junction when you drive into Colmar Tropicale. It's a Japanese themed village with a botanical garden and restaurant. Of course, there will be no worry for you if you bring your car along when you're here. The resort provide transport to the Japanese Village for everyone on the hills. It will be free if you're staying in the resort and chargeable for visitors that just wanna give a visit to there.

Side-view of Ryo Zan Tei.

Ryo Zan Tei is the main restaurant at the side of Japanese Village, it serves fresh sashimi for the customers although it's on the hills. It also serves bento, sushi and a variety of choices to let you go in to the true Japan.

After the Japanese lunch, give a walk to the botanical garden that located just opposite the restaurant. Beautiful Japanese tea house in the garden, provide services of serving ocha ( green tea ) and also renting kimono for those who wanna give a try to become a traditional Japanese. Of course, for kids, fish feeding is allowed in the garden.



On the way back to the resort, you can also give a try for the canopy walk that stands out at the side of the road. It adds a little bit of adventures into the calming surrounding and also gives you another activity to be done. 

Beside that, the resort provide many facilities for tourists from children to grandpa and grandma.

 Duck-hooking that really gives attention to kids.

There are stalls with interesting games for kids and you can try your luck on it, but it's quite deceiving for me. And I don't understand how can my dad wasted RM 40.00 for my sister to play on those games. Well, I do give a try to hook the duck, but at least I got self-control. ;)

Golf course is available!

Reflexology also available in the village!

Swimming pool at the side! Everytime I went there, I will be saying that I wanna try it, but the chilly water always scared me off. Hahaha.

Night view of the village!

The night of Colmar Tropicale is equally interesting as the daytime. Bar and snooker can be found in the village and all the restaurant are opened for you to try on.

I gave a try to the La Cigogne, a French fine-dining that serve super traditional France food. Starter, soup, main course and desert, the choices are not a lot, but it's French fine-dining, the way of it. I forgot the capture the starter and soup, but I can tell you what I had! Haha. I had a salad with a super long name ( I can't read French :/ ) and an traditional onion soup which also with an unknown name.

What I had for my main course is pan-grilled salmon with mango salsa!

The salmon is well-cook and the taste is great especially when you have it with the yellow sauce around!!

My sister's sirloin steak. ( Sorry for the focus :/ ) It tasted great either!

I'm the only one who ordered the desert and I forgot to take the photo also, which made me very sad. Urgh! It was a combination of strawberry, cream, pancake and strawberry sauce. the pancake is not the soft-type that we usually have, it's very thin but not that thin and the texture is like croissant.

 Thousands of layers.

The pancake had layers like the croissant I shown on top, it's cold but crispy. And when you taste it with cream and strawberry, oh gosh, it tastes like heaven, seriously nice. That's why I had decided to give another trip to there again soon to take a photo of the desert so that I won't feel guilty for not sharing it to you all. Hahaha.

The night in the hotel room is just fine. Here goes to the facilities in the room and also my review on it.

---------- * from the official website of Colmar Tropicale * price link at below!  ----------

(1) Superior Room
Tastefully decorated with warm earthy colours and decorated with traditional
fabric accessories. Ideal for corporate and leisure travelers with twin
beds.


In room amenities/facilities:
  • Minibar / fridge provided in the all rooms
  • TV 
  • Coffee tea making facilities
  • Mineral water
  • Astro
  • Vision Four
  • Hairdryer
  • Iron and board
  • Prayer mat (upon Request)
  • Baby cot (upon request)
(2) Deluxe Room Twin

Tastefully decorated with warm earthy colours and decorated with traditional fabric accessories. Ideal for corporate and leisure travelers with twin beds.

In room amenities/facilities:
  • Minibar / fridge provided in the all rooms
  • TV 
  • Coffee tea making facilities
  • Mineral water
  • Astro
  • Vision Four
  • Hairdryer
  • Iron and board
  • Prayer mat (upon Request)
  • Baby cot (upon request)
(3) One Bed Suite

The One-Bedroom suite offers spacious accommodation with a choice of village square view or Mountainside view. The separating sitting area is perfect for relaxed meetings or bringing the family over.

In room amenities/facilities:
  • Minibar / fridge provided in the all rooms
  • TV 
  • Coffee tea making facilities
  • Mineral water
  • Astro
  • Vision Four
  • Hairdryer
  • Iron and board
  • Prayer mat
  • Baby cot
  • Extra bed
(4) Family Room

 Enjoy the tranquility and spacious comfort for a 4 family members that comes replete with business and leisure needs.

In room amenities/facilities:
  • Minibar / fridge provided in the all rooms
  • TV 
  • Coffee tea making facilities
  • Mineral water
  • Astro
  • Vision Four
  • Hairdryer
  • Iron and board
  • Prayer mat
  • Baby cot
  • Extra bed 

---------- * from the official website of Colmar Tropicale *  ----------

They are parts of the room provided, give a visit to the official website to check it out. Link at the bottom of this post.
The room I was staying is the family room featured with two queen-sized bed. The room is kinda old because the age of the resort is already 12. But still it gives a very comfortable feeling. The view from the windows is great, there are rooms with forest view and the village view, my suggestion is to take the village view because the lighting of the village is very nice to see. The very sad thing is Wifi in the resort is chargeable.

Price for Wifi at Colmar Tropicale :
  1.     1 hour : RM 15.00
  2. 24 hours : RM 30.00
The glad thing is the whole resort is Wified, so you actually fully used the Wifi if you always around the resort. The next thing is he room is too dim for me. If I'm staying there for more than 2 nights, I seriously will request another lamp in m room! 

After I flipped through the menu for room service, the prices for them is quite reasonable. The toilet is quite old too but just nice for me. Hot water is available with towels, lots of towels. Others, I have not much to say, it's a cozy room for me.

********** End of review.**********
Actually, the Berjaya Hill has a lot of others travel point. Horse riding and riding courses are available on the way to the top of the hill. A mini animal park also located just 15 minutes drive from the resort. You are allowed to feed the deers and rabbits in the park and you should experience it!
 The timid baby deers. XD It was my first try to feed them, sorry for no photo of me feeding them, it looks unglam. LOL but their lips are very warm. Hot lips yea¬

Colourful peacock who has camera-shy. Hahaha.

And lastly the photo of me while feeding rabbit. XD not the first time but quite fun with it.


Here comes to the end of my post, I gonna write an overall review of my trip to Colmar Tropicale by Berjaya Group ;

The feeling of the village hasn't change after my last visit, and that's the feeling that make me keep giving visits to this village. Although you might feel boring with it, but it's kinda relaxing for me and my family. The food is great and the surrounding is magnificent. Maybe those geese under the bridge have died and they have bought new one, but it makes no different for me to visit it. Maybe I'm just a lover of French that supporting all the French-style, but it worth the time for you to walk around and look around. Grateful to God for giving Malaysia, such an Asia country to own a great travel spot.


Follow me on twitter : (at)suddenyapp
Follow me on Instagram : (at)suddenyapp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...